The Rural Electric Apprenticeship Program (REAP) learning management system has been fully implemented. With the ultimate goal of creating a one-stop portal for apprentices and supervisors, a few of the objectives of this project include:
- Provide a platform for apprentices to easily submit their on-the-job training hours and homework and in-class assignments.
- Allow apprentices and supervisors to easily and clearly assess program progress, including Ivy Tech participation.
- Provide supervisors with a mechanism to approve on-the-job hours.
- Track training records more consistently.
- Make training records readily available to apprentices and supervisors, with accessible reports and historical apprenticeship training records
User feedback is guiding a few additional improvements and enhancements for the system.
REGULATORY COMPLIANCE PROJECT
Work has begun to migrate the regulatory compliance online learning and tracking to the learning management system. The current, custom-developed online training system has reached the end of its useful life and no longer meets modern needs and expectations. The goal is to develop a single records management platform that will administer and track training, development and compliance programs.
A few of the project’s objectives include:
- Provide cooperatives with a single, accessible system to administer and track employee regulatory compliance training and activities.
- Provide informative, attractive and interactive online training materials, with the ability to customize materials for each member system based on individual needs.
- Provide individualized training plans to meet each cooperative employee’s training and compliance needs.
- Allow cooperative employees and supervisors to be accountable for meeting their compliance and training deadlines.
- Give each regulatory consultant autonomy to easily manage the records for their respective cooperatives.
- Lay a learning management system foundation to be used for future implementations, such as professional development and safety meeting records.