When the former job, training and safety and regulatory compliance departments were reorganized last fall, we promised to improve transparency and develop mechanisms for more consistent communication with cooperative CEOs and operations leadership. We are committed to fulfilling that promise and are implementing new tools and refining others.
This is the inaugural issue of the new quarterly Safety, Training and Compliance Update, which provides details and updates about the activities of IEC’s safety, training and compliance team.
Each issue will contain timely updates and resources through an easy-to-read format. Article previews with a link to a longer version of the story and more detail will allow readers to navigate to the information most relevant to them.
The e-newsletter will also include recurring features:
- On the Schedule. This section features a few of the upcoming safety and compliance events or REAP activities, with a link to more events.
- Regulatory Update. The regulatory compliance team tracks issues of relevance to electric cooperatives and this section provides a summary of the most recent issues.
- S.A.F.E. Talk. The weekly S.A.F.E. Talk (Stop and Focus Everyday) program provides member cooperatives with a resource to spur open discussion on a variety of safety-related topics. This section includes links to the most recently distributed topics with a link to the archive of topics.
- Compliance Tip. This section features a quick tip or reminder about a timely compliance-related topic.
- STC Resources. Quick links to safety, training and compliance resources are included in this section.
- Cooperative Careers. With about 1,500 employees statewide, Indiana’s electric cooperatives offer great career opportunities. The link in this section directs the reader to a list of current openings.
The MailChimp format allows us to provide you with a visually-appealing publication while providing important analytic details to guide future decisions about content and the frequency of the e-newsletter.
The initial distribution list for the new e-newsletter includes those who receive calendar invitations for cooperative safety meetings. If your cooperative would like to add additional staff to the distribution list, contact Connie Sparks.
We value your feedback and encourage you to share your thoughts about the Safety, Training and Compliance Update.