Getting involved at the grassroots level is one of the best ways to support your cooperative. Participating in grassroots advocacy provides you the opportunity to express your concerns on issues affecting Indiana’s electric cooperatives. Not only will you be providing a powerful voice heard by elected officials, you’ll also be more informed about issues affecting your cooperative while receiving a better understanding of the legislative process.
There are lots of different ways to get involved. Here are just a few:
- Know your legislators. Find yours online at District.IGA.IN.gov, and communicate with them actively.
- Stay informed. Learn about the issues that affect your cooperative.
- Attend local legislator meetings. These meetings provide a great forum to advocate for safe, reliable, and affordable electricity.
- Take action. Get involved with important issues by visiting www.action.coop.
- Encourage your family, friends, and neighbors to get involved. Every voice makes a difference.
- Support a political action committee. Learn about the PACs here.
For more information on grassroots initiatives, please contact your local cooperative or Tom Havens at email@example.com.