Getting involved in grassroots advocacy is one of the best ways to support your electric cooperative. State and federal policies impact how your electric cooperative can serve your community, and engaging with legislators on important legislative issues can help your cooperative continue to provide safe, reliable and affordable electricity. By supporting our grassroots advocacy efforts, you’ll help build a bright future for cooperative members across Indiana.
There are many different ways to get involved. Here are just a few:
- Get connected. Sign up to receive important grassroots advocacy informatoin at action.indianaec.org.
- Stay informed. Learn about the issues that affect your cooperative.
- Know your legislators. Find yours online at District.IGA.IN.gov, and communicate with them actively.
- Attend local legislator meetings. These meetings provide a great forum to advocate for safe, reliable and affordable electricity.
- Encourage your family, friends, and neighbors to get involved. Every voice makes a difference.
For more information on grassroots initiatives, please contact your local cooperative or Brian Christenberry at firstname.lastname@example.org.