The Indiana Youth Tour to Washington, D.C., provides young adults with the opportunity to travel to our nation's capital to:
- Experience firsthand how our government functions
- Learn about the complexities of today's electric utility industry
- Discover the unique characteristics of cooperative business enterprise
- Meet peers from around the country
Completing the application
To complete this application, you will need the following:
- Your current class rank and GPA*
- Your ACT and/or PSAT/SAT scores (optional)
- A current photo of yourself to upload
- A parent or guardian to digitally sign your application
*Some cooperatives do not look at academic credentials to select their students. If you have questions about the selection process, contact your local cooperative.
Travel Dates & Cost
The Youth Tour delegation will depart from Indianapolis Sunday, June 13, 2024 and will return Sunday, June 23, 2024.
All travel expenses to and from Indianapolis to Washington, D.C., meals, lodging and scheduled event fees will be paid for by the sponsors of the Youth Tour. Travel to and from Indianapolis and a student’s home and incidental expenses incurred by the student will not be covered.
NOTE: Failure to provide Indiana Electric Cooperatives with a minimum of 45 days cancellation notice could result in a participant’s parents or guardians being billed for all or a portion of the trip’s expenses.
To be eligible for the Indiana Youth Tour to Washington D.C., the following provisions will govern the acceptance of applicants from the local cooperatives:
- Applicants must have completed their junior year in high school, and be enrolled for their senior year. Home-schooled students are eligible to apply.
- Indiana Youth Tour to Washington, D.C., requires a great deal of physical fitness and stamina and may not be designed for individuals who need significant assistance for personal care, require constant one-on-one support, or have great difficulty managing their behavior in group settings. If an applicant has a special health care need, contact Youth Tour Director, Rachel McFadden at firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting an application. Health conditions requiring advance clearance include, but are not limited to: insulin-dependent diabetes, cardiac situations, asthma, seizure disorders, mental illness, autism spectrum and food allergies. We cannot accommodate serious food allergies.
- Additional criteria may be required by your local cooperative.
Students will be selected by their local cooperative. Ensure you have completed all steps required to be considered for the trip. Some cooperatives have requirements in addition to this application. For more information about the selection process, contact your local cooperative.