Members of Indiana Electric Cooperatives enjoy a variety of benefits designed to support their best interests. We speak on behalf of members regarding key issues related to the electric cooperative industry. We can accomplish collectively what no one cooperative can do alone.
In addition to adhering to the seven cooperative principles, we operate according to three core values:
Integrity. We are always transparent and honest.
Respect. We value and listen to the opinions, thoughts and rights of others to create a forum where all ideas can be expressed.
Service. We embody a spirit of service to all our member cooperatives and to all the people they serve.
Here are just some of the benefits our members can expect:
- Mutual aid when crisis or disaster hits
- A central voice to lobby for helpful legislation
- A reference point for all current laws/regulations
- Professional development opportunities for employees and directors
- Youth outreach programs
- Communication and public relations support
- A forum for professionals within the industry to share ideas and best practices
- Operations training and guidance with consistency across the state
- Lineman apprentice training
- Negotiation with state agencies
- Regulatory compliance services (fee-for-service)
- Job and safety training, including on-site training (fee-for-service)
- Our Indiana Connection publication, distributed to over 280,000 households per month