By this winter, motorists driving on State Road 135 will see more than 4,000 solar panels near the road, collecting and distributing the renewable energy to southern Johnson County residents.
As a push to have more renewable energy sources throughout the state, Hoosier Energy electric company picked the Trafalgar area as one of 10 sites in southern Indiana to be the home of a new solar farm. The energy from the solar panels will be used to power homes that use Johnson County REMC for their electricity.
- Solar panels set for county, Daily Journal, May 13, 2016
- An Indiana electric cooperative expects to have three more solar farms in operation later this year, Daily Journal, May 17, 2016
- Electric cooperative planning more Indiana solar farms, The Washington Times, May 17, 2016
- Electric cooperative planning more Indiana solar farms, WLFI.com, May 18, 2016
- Electric cooperative expects to build three more solar farms, WBIW.com, May 19, 2016
- Hoosier Energy planning more solar farms, Herald-Times, May 19, 2016