Eleven lineworkers graduated Saturday from Indiana Electric Cooperatives’ apprenticeship program, Rural Electric Apprentice Program (REAP).
REAP is a four-year program that professionally trains apprentice lineworkers from across Indiana. Graduates complete 612 hours of classroom-related study and 8,000 hours of on-the-job training at their electric cooperative. Students also complete four additional classes through Ivy Tech Community College. Upon completion of the program, graduates earn an Associate of Applied Science and a journeyman lineman certificate.
“Lineworkers are the backbone of our operations and their dedication to the consumers of Indiana’s electric cooperatives is outstanding.” said Jon Elkins, vice president of safety, training and compliance at Indiana Electric Cooperatives. “We are proud to have these hardworking individuals as part of the cooperative family.”
This year’s graduates are:
- Clayton Akers, Boone REMC
- Nicholas Shepherd, Boone REMC
- Bruce Dean, Electricom
- Wade Martin, Electricom
- Eric George, Hendricks Power Cooperative
- Chase Deaton, Kosciusko REMC
- Sawyer Cripe, Marshall County REMC
- Levi Johnson, NineStar Connect
- Greg Sandusky, Parke County REMC
- Jared Paxton, Parke County REMC
- Aaron Miller, Steuben County REMC