Most teenagers would never consider the morning rush before school life-threatening. But some could be risking their safety or the safety of their family without realizing it. Here’s how: using hair dryers, straighteners or curling irons while standing on the …Read More.
Plug into Safety
While catastrophic events like tornadoes and fires ravage homes in little time, floodwaters can rise quickly but take days to subside. Victims must wait patiently for water to recede before returning home to start rebuilding their lives. Although it may …Read More.
Mother Nature is not known for being predictable when it comes to spring weather in the Midwest. Because of that, it is best for Indiana residents to prepare for the worst. “Our community has experienced the wrath of tornadoes in …Read More.
Multiple extension cords plugged into a single outlet caused a fire that took the lives of a Decatur, Ind., couple in 2011. A lamp in an upstairs clothes closet sparked a recent Indianapolis house fire. And an electrical appliance or …Read More.
If you’re one of the billions worldwide expecting a visit from Santa Claus this season, take heed. The elves at the North Pole News Bureau are working to separate myth from mirth when it comes to keeping holidays merry and …Read More.
Decorating for the holidays can be a tradition that families look forward to — or a chore they dread. Whatever side of the spectrum your decorating mindset falls on, it’s best to approach the season with some pre-planning and a …Read More.
Kids of all ages look forward to Halloween because they get to pretend like they’re someone else — at least for a few magical hours. While decked out in creative, creepy or coy disguises, folks can load up on coveted …Read More.
Farming is the ninth most dangerous job in the U.S., according to a 2012 report from TIME magazine, which cited heavy equipment and large animals as hazards. Those at Indiana Electric Cooperatives (IEC) want you to be aware of another hazard …Read More.
Tina sits anxiously at the table eating her breakfast. She can hardly contain her nervous energy as she waits for the school bus to arrive. Today is her first day back to school after a long summer break. She’s ready …Read More.
Because of faulty electrical wiring in a swimming pool, a 7-year-old Miami boy was killed earlier this spring. Indiana Electric Cooperatives urges pool owners to have their pool’s electrical system checked by a qualified, licensed electrician to keep swimmers safe this …Read More.